Please click here
for information concerning our precautionary protocols for the CoronaVirus/COVID-19
Richard I. Ballard, M.D.
- Undergraduate: B.S., Northeast Louisiana University
- Medical School: M.D., Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of Mississippi Medical Center; Pediatric Orthopaedic Residency, Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children ; Sports Medicine Residency, Mississippi Sports Medicine Clinic
- Fellowship: Traumatology A.O. Fellowship
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professional Affiliations: Louisiana State Medical Society Committee on Sports, Louisiana State Sports Medicine Society, Louisiana Sports Medical Society
Dr. Ballard has been practicing in Green Clinic since 1987. He treats patients of all ages and has always been heavily involved in the health and care of local athletes. He routinely performs surgical procedures for broken bones, knee repair, and replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder, and ankle. In addition, education on proper exercise and diet to prevent injury is emphasized. Dr. Ballard is currently seeing new patients.